1/2 Photos of Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos With Orange Jicama Salsa
Simply Fresh Cooking's Note:
These shrimp tacos are light and healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 corn tortillas, taco sized
- 1/2 large jicama, peeled and diced
For the Salsa
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the marinade
- 1In a small bowl combine all ingredients for the shrimp marinade and stir. Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a resealable bag and add the marinade to coat the shrimp. Place sealed bag in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine jicama, orange, red onion, cilantro, garlic, oil, and lime juice. Stir well. Set aside until ready to use.
- 3Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high. Add shrimp and cook for no longer than 2-3 minutes. Once shrimp starts to curl up and turn pink, flip over and cook the other side. Remove shrimp to a plate immediately so it won’t continue to cook. Set aside.
- 4Stack corn tortillas on top of each other and wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 1 minute. To Serve: Place 2 corn tortillas on 4 plates and top each tortilla with a little of the salsa mixture and 3 pieces of shrimp per tortilla. Serve with leftover lime wedges cut into small pieces, if desired.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos With Orange Jicama Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 378.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: