Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great twist to your usual tacos!
Make and share this Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, in shells (fresh or frozen)
- 8 ounces sea scallops (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 warmed flour tortillas (9- to 10-inch)
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (1-1/2 cups) or 6 ounces chihuahua cheese (1-1/2 cups)
- 6 lime wedges
- Thaw shrimp and scallops, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse shrimp and scallops. Cut scallops in half; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together lime juice, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of the oil, tequila, garlic, pepper sauce, oregano, cumin, and pepper.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Cover; chill 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and peppers over medium-high heat in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Add shrimp mixture to skillet; bring to boiling. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and scallops are opaque.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup shrimp mixture.
- Top with cheese. Roll. Spoon a small amount of remaining shrimp mixture with some of the juices over rolls.