Recipe by KellyC
Grilled shrimp with Tequila-lime flavors. With or without the dipping sauce, these are great!
Top Review by Ackman
O..M..G...this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! I added about 2 tsp. lime zest to the marinade, then grilled the shrimp for about 5-6 minutes, each side...PERFECT!!! I didn't make the sauce...I just sprinkled some fresh squeezed lime juice on...DELISH!!! Will most definately make this again!!!
BTW....I used 16-20 ct. raw shrimp......THANKS for GREAT recipe!!!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients to make marinade.
- Place the shrimp in a flat dish and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate one hour.
- If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Thread shrimp on skewers. Grill about 3 minutes a side.
- For sauce, stir remaining ingredients together until well blended.