Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
From a cookbook from California.
Top Review by teresas
This is the best dish ever. I found the recipe in a southwest cookbook back in 1989. It is always on the top of my list for dinner. It cooks quick (except for preparing the shrimp). I like to season it with Johnny's seasoning salt. I also double the tequila and lime juice. I like the extra liquid on the rice. Goes well with a margarita.
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml tequila
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 44.37 ml coarse chopped fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat shrimp dry with paper towles. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over med heat. When butter is melted, add garlic cook 30 seconds.Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes, stir often. Stir in tequila, lime juice, salt and red pepper. Cook 2 minutes till loist and liquid evaporates and shrimp are pink and glazed. Add cilantro and cook 10 seconds, serve over hot rice if desired.