From a cookbook from California.
Make and share this Tequila Lime Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coarse chopped fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Rinse and pat shrimp dry with paper towles. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over med heat. When butter is melted, add garlic cook 30 seconds.Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes, stir often. Stir in tequila, lime juice, salt and red pepper. Cook 2 minutes till loist and liquid evaporates and shrimp are pink and glazed. Add cilantro and cook 10 seconds, serve over hot rice if desired.