1/1 Photo of Tequila-Lime Pork Roast
25 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Boneless pork loin marinated in tequila and covered with a flavorful rub. Adapted from dLife. The recipe calls for fresh lime juice, but I used bottled (not the sweetened type) since 2 cups of lime juice is about 32 limes and that is too expensive and time consuming for a marinade :) Use 1 fresh lime for the zest and add juice from that lime to the bottled juice. Prep time includes 24 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1Place pork in a large zip-type plastic bag.
- 2Combine tequila, lime juice, oil, garlic and 1/8 tsp salt in bowl and por over pork in bag. Seal and refrigerate 24-48 hours.
- 3Remove pork from bag and discard marinade. Pat pork dry.
- 4Heat oven to 350°F.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients in bowl and pat mixture over all surfaces of pork.
- 6Place pork on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 1-1 1/2 hours until internal temperature reaches 150°F
- 7Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise to around 160F).
- 8Slice and serve.
- 9NOTE: This could probably be done on a grill, too, but cook time might need adjusting.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Lime Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: