Prep 4 hrs
Cook 14 mins
A zesty combo of southwestern flavors between a bun. I've taken inspiration from Closet Cooking's Blog with some changes.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, slightly flattened with a mallet
- 4 buns, toasted
- 1⁄4 mayonnaise (can add chopped jalapenos)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1⁄4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Pulverize the tequila, lime juice, oil, lime zest, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, chile powder and cumin in a food processor.
- Place both the chicken and the marinade in a freezer bag and massage to coat. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat he grill to medium-high, brush it with oil. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwich on a toasted bun with the mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, bacon, guacamole and queso.