Recipe by Redsie
From Canadian Living.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I was looking for a tequila lime chicken recipe that I had made before. It had gotten rave reviews from everyone. I didn't have a lot of time to search, so when I came across this one I thought I'd try it instead. DH and I thought this was good, but DD didn't like it at all.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime rind and juice, tequila, chili powder, oil, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Trim any fat or loose skin from chicken. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 4 hours (up to 12 hours).
- Heat 1 burner of 2-burner BBQ or 2 outside burners or 3-burner BBQ to medium. Brush grill over unlit burner with oil. Place chicken, bone side down, on greased grill. Close lid and gril until bottom is marked about 25 minutes.
- Turn and grill until no longer pink inside and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 20 minutes. Move any pieces that need more crisping or colouring over direct medium heat. Close lid and grill until golden grown, about 3 minutes.