Recipe by Kirstin in the Couv
Source: Ina Garten http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tequila-lime-chicken-recipe/index.html
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Mean, I don't give many 5s but we just finished our dinner of Tequila Lime Chicken and it was absolutely wonderful. I was so excited when I found this recipe that when I got home last night at 8pm I but everything together and put it in the frig. It stayed there until 4pm the next day. This is much more than a 5 star. Thanks so much.
- 1⁄2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill to a plate.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.