Source: Ina Garten http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tequila-lime-chicken-recipe/index.html
- 1⁄2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill to a plate.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Mean, I don't give many 5s but we just finished our dinner of Tequila Lime Chicken and it was absolutely wonderful. I was so excited when I found this recipe that when I got home last night at 8pm I but everything together and put it in the frig. It stayed there until 4pm the next day. This is much more than a 5 star. Thanks so much.
I made this the other night. I had to substitute Trop 50 for the OJ and bottled lime juice for fresh squeezed. I let the chicken marinade overnight before cooking it on the grill. Because we have vegetarians in our family, I also set some aside to use on naked Quorn cutlets. I put the frozen cutlets on the grill and brushed them with the marinade while they were cooking. It gave it just the right amount of flavor. Thanks for a recipe that was enjoyed by the entire family! UPDATE: I have tried several different tequila chicken recipes. I am not sure why I try the others, because we keep coming back to this one. None of the other recipes compare. It is really just that good. Thank you for an awesome recipe that quickly became a family favorite.
The fam really enjoyed this for dinner last night with roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, and fresh baked bread. I did cut the marinade in half for my 5 bl/sl chicken breasts and it covered them almost to the top. I just stuck them in the fridge the night before and turned them once when I got up the next morning. Good flavor, even with cooking under the broiler rather than grilling. Did these for about 8 minutes per side with the convection broiler on about 8 inches from the burner. We got a bottle of tequila on a whim, then decided neither of us cares much for tequila, so this was a great way to use some of it. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait until we can try these outside on the grill.