Recipe by Emilie White
This recipe turns out great every time. The chicken turns out so moist and flavorful that it's hard to resist eating a few slices before serving.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I love tequila, lime, garlic and chicken. I was hoping that this would be terrific, but I found it very bland. I actually marinated it for longer than suggested, hoping that the limes/tequila would give it even more flavor. It didn't. I'm really sorry. I had such high hopes for this dish, but it just fell short for me.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness and pierce with a fork several times.
- Rub with black pepper and place in a large ziploc baggie.
- Add garlic, onions, lime juice, and tequila to the ziploc baggie and seal.
- Rub liquid around to coat chicken and place in a shallow baking dish and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Every couple of hours rub the marinade around and turn the baggie over.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and discard marinade.
- Turn heat down to medium and slowly cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Once chicken is done squirt with additional lime juice and cut up to serve in tortillas, or serve whole.