Prep 13 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This recipe turns out great every time. The chicken turns out so moist and flavorful that it's hard to resist eating a few slices before serving.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness and pierce with a fork several times.
- Rub with black pepper and place in a large ziploc baggie.
- Add garlic, onions, lime juice, and tequila to the ziploc baggie and seal.
- Rub liquid around to coat chicken and place in a shallow baking dish and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Every couple of hours rub the marinade around and turn the baggie over.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and discard marinade.
- Turn heat down to medium and slowly cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Once chicken is done squirt with additional lime juice and cut up to serve in tortillas, or serve whole.
I love tequila, lime, garlic and chicken. I was hoping that this would be terrific, but I found it very bland. I actually marinated it for longer than suggested, hoping that the limes/tequila would give it even more flavor. It didn't. I'm really sorry. I had such high hopes for this dish, but it just fell short for me.
We both thought the flavors were wonderful in this!! I added another clove of garlic and let it marinate for only 6 hours and then threw it on the grill and ate it all up! We will be making this again and again, thanks for a keeper.
Good citrus flavor. At first, we thought it was a little strong, but then we decided we liked it the way it is. It marinated almost 24 hours, so that probably has something to do with the stronger flavor. Very easy to put together, and a refreshing change. I've added this to my cookbook and we'll have this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!