Recipe by BearsFanJeff
Grilled chicken breasts with a light, fresh marinade. These are great right off the grill or the breasts can be sliced for chicken fajitas.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent. The flavor combination was so good. I didn't change a thing about it and I had the most delicious, tender flavorful chicken that I used to make fajitas with. I pan fried it for simplicity and that worked well for me. I marinated my chicken about 5 hours. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I'll be making this one again
- 5 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 3⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag or a bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Reserve one cup of the marinade for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade over the chicken breasts. Marinade in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 20 minutes over a low-medium grill. Turn frequently and baste liberally with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes such as Spanish rice, corn and peppers, and guacamole.
- Slice chicken breasts for fajitas and serve with sauteed onions and peppers.