I came up with this the other night when I had a lime in the fridge I had to use before it started looking like a prune and some beef that my husband had gotten out of the freezer that I didn't know what to do with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steaks, sliced very thin across the grain
- 1/3 cup garlic teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon hot catsup (or regular catsup and a couple good dashes tabasco)
- 2 -3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 -4 fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced on the bias
- olive oil, for skillet or wok
- 1Combine the lime zest and juice, the teriaki sauce, the tequila and the catsup.
- 2Marinate beef in this mixture for 30-40 minutes at room temperature.
- 3Mix water and cornstarch to make a slurry; set aside.
- 4Heat olive oil practically to smoking in large skillet (cast iron is best, but we're not*all* that lucky).
- 5Add mushrooms and onions, stir fry until mushrooms and onions slightly soften.
- 6Remove from skillet.
- 7Add beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked through, then add veggies back in, and add cornstarch mixture.
- 8Cook over medium-high heat until bubbly and thickened.
- 9Serve with noodles, rice, or just by itself.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Lime Beef
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.6
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 1085.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: