Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great appetizer or they really add to your salad in the summer!
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 small jalapeno chiles or 5 small serrano chilies (remove seeds if you don't like it too hot)
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1⁄4 lbs shelled and deveined uncooked jumbo shrimp
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Insert 2 skewers onto shrimp to keep them from slipping.
- Arrange kabobs onto a shallow baking dish.
- Combine cilantro, chiles, onion and 1 tbsp garlic into your food processor, finely chop.
- Gradually add all remaining marinade ingredients, processing until bright green paste forms.
- Pour mixture over shrimp.
- Cover, refrigerate 60 minutes, turning kabobs several times to marinate.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp.
- garlic and 2 tbsp.
- cilantro, cook 2 minutes or until garlic softens.
- Heat grill.
- Discard marinade and place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat or charcoal grill 6 inches from coals.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Baste with garlic butter mixture.
- Serve with lime wedges.
This was very tasty. I had the shrimp on tacos (with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, salsa and some feta cheese. Yuumy! Will make again.
Great recipe! Everyone loved it. I thought I had made too much, but it was so yummy it went quick. Next time I would cut down the pepper a little, and increase the orange and lime juice for a little more tangy taste. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!