Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a versatile recipe. Use boneless skinless chicken breasts and chop up for a salad or cut up a fryer chicken and grill with the skin on for a chicken dinner. Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- Mix coriander, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium low and cook till slightly thick about 10 minutes. Set aside some sauce if you'd like some to serve with cooked chicken. Cool sauce.
- Heat grill and cook chicken until done turning frequently and basting with sauce. Cook time will vary on cut of chicken used.
- Serve as desired and with sauce if you'd like.
- I like to serve this sliced into strips atop salad greens. The Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing by Parsley on this site goes well with this chicken.
This was very easy and imparted a lot of flavor to the chicken.
This made for a very tasty, light supper on a hot day. The sauce has just the right amount of "tang" to it, and a little bite also, with the jalapeno. I will try it on a salad next time! I think the sauce would be great on shrimp, too! Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.