Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
This recipe came from our local paper. The original recipe did not peel the shrimp but I prefer to do that when they are cold instead of hot. We do not always skewer the shrimp. I have also cooked them on the stove top in a hot skillet and had it come out fine. It is a favorite in my family, often being requested for birthday dinners. Prep times includes 30 minutes of marinating time.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Wisk together lime juice, tequila, garlic, shallots, cumin, salt and pepper; Slowly add olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
- Place shrimp in glass or ceramic dish or large plastic bag.
- Pour marinate over shrimp and marinate 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 1 hours.
- Prepare the barbecue for medium heat grilling.
- While grill is heating, thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Grill the shrimp on each side for about 4 minute or to desired doneness.
- Do not overcook.