Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sticky-delicious chicken that will be a standout at a BBQ party. If you wish not to use tequila, you can substitute 1/3 cup pineapple juice.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml dried chipotle powder
- 177.44 ml pineapple juice
- 78.07 ml tequila
- 59.14 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml water
- 9.85 ml grated lime rind
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and rub evenly over chicken.
- Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well.
- Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cover and grill in direct heat for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture.
- Move chicken to indirect heat, cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, or until done, basting occasionally.
We really enjoyed this using b/s chicken breasts and seared in a skillet to which we then put the chicken into the sauce. This would go really nice with steamed rice. Directions were spot on. Made for PRMR