Recipe by weekend cooker
Sticky-delicious chicken that will be a standout at a BBQ party. If you wish not to use tequila, you can substitute 1/3 cup pineapple juice.
Top Review by 2Bleu
We really enjoyed this using b/s chicken breasts and seared in a skillet to which we then put the chicken into the sauce. This would go really nice with steamed rice. Directions were spot on. Made for PRMR
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and rub evenly over chicken.
- Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well.
- Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cover and grill in direct heat for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture.
- Move chicken to indirect heat, cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, or until done, basting occasionally.