1/1 Photo of Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
weekend cooker's Note:
Sticky-delicious chicken that will be a standout at a BBQ party. If you wish not to use tequila, you can substitute 1/3 cup pineapple juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and rub evenly over chicken.
- 3Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
- 4Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well.
- 5Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 6Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, lime juice, and red pepper.
- 8Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cover and grill in direct heat for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture.
- 9Move chicken to indirect heat, cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, or until done, basting occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 301.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: