Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Marlboro - Chili Round up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 lbs beef brisket (1-inch cubes)
- 2 lbs premium pork sausage, with sage
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 3 cups strong coffee
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 dried ancho pepper, seeded & chopped fine
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped fine
- 2 bittersweet chocolate squares
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salsa verde
- 2 (12 ounce) bottlesmexican beer
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 8 green onions, sliced (garnish)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (garnish)
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron pot on high. When oil is hot, add cubed beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- When beef is browned, remove from pot and set aside. Drain any liquid from the pot.
- Return pot to stove and, on medium-high heat, cook the pork sausage and chopped onions until sausage is cooked and onions are translucent.
- At this point, return the cubed beef to the pot along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well, cover and simmer on low to med.-low for 3 to 4 hours stirring occasionally, until beef brisket is tender and chili has thickened.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese blend & green onions.
- American beer (tequila/lime) substitutes Mexican beer.
- 3 to 4 fresh jalapeños, seeded & chopped, substitutes chipotle pepper.