Tequila Flats Smoked Chili
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron pot on high. When oil is hot, add cubed beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- When beef is browned, remove from pot and set aside. Drain any liquid from the pot.
- Return pot to stove and, on medium-high heat, cook the pork sausage and chopped onions until sausage is cooked and onions are translucent.
- At this point, return the cubed beef to the pot along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well, cover and simmer on low to med.-low for 3 to 4 hours stirring occasionally, until beef brisket is tender and chili has thickened.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese blend & green onions.
- American beer (tequila/lime) substitutes Mexican beer.
- 3 to 4 fresh jalapeños, seeded & chopped, substitutes chipotle pepper.