Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is one of the*best* tequila shrimp recipes, you can also make this recipe using chicken, I add in a couple of honey in with the ingredients and marinade for a much longer time (about 3-4 hours) --- you should get about 8 skewers with this recipe, depending on the size of your shrimp.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large raw shrimp (peeled, deveined and leave the tails intact)
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (use fresh only)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large orange (cut in half then into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 1 large lime (cut in half then into 1/2-inch wedges)
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together the tequila with the next 6 ingredients; add in the shrimp, toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Soak the wooden skewere in water for 30 minutes.
- Alternately thread the shrimp, bell pepper pieces, orange and lime wedges onto wooden skewers.
- Grill covered with lid over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until done (do not overcook the shrimp!).