Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe from the Margarita Cookbook
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In blender, combine chipotles, tequila, lime juice, ketchup, adobo sauce, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put shrimp in nonreactive bowl, pour mixture over, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Strain shrimp.
- Reserve marinade.
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, add oil and swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp and cook, tossing and stirring until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to serving dish.
- Add reserved marinade to pan, bring to a boil, scraping pan often.
- Cook for about 15 seconds.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
Very good but definitely not for someone who likes their spice to the wimpy side!lol Luckily both DH & I enjoy spicey hot food. I served the shrimp over jasmine rice and sauteed snow peas on the side. Thank you Mean for sharing the recipe.
Spicy! We agreed it was good but the sauce took away from the shrimp - we have agreed that we like our shrimp much better with a garlic spicy buttery sauce than a bbq style.
This is a very good recipe. If you like spicy, you will love it. I served it over plain rice and I used large shrimp instead of medium. It was simple and quick to make.