Recipe by kittykat #2
Chicken and veggies in a tomato tequila lime sauce over pasta. My husband LOVES this one, it's great in the summer with margarita's, and can easily be doubled for parties. I recently retried this recipe as I wrote it the first time and noticed something was a little off, so I edited it, I think this works better! Thanks for the feedback!
Top Review by Lazarus
This recipe worked out quite well with only a few alterations (red pepper instead of green, double the lime juice and half the onion powder). I can't say this recipe was special enough for "company food," but it was still quite pleasant. Nice mid-week meal. I only ended up using 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 small white onions or 1⁄2 small brown onion, sliced
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila (2-3 healthy splashes)
- 4 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook chicken halfway, about 5-7 minutes om med-high heat.
- Add pepper, garlic and onion to pan, cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften Season with pepper, onion powder, and cayenne.
- cook additional 2-3 min on medium heat.
- At this stage add the lime juice and tequila, distributing evenly. Turn flame to low.
- Add tomato sauce and stir to coat. At this point add the bouillon to the hot water and dissolve. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and stir, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve tossed with your favorite pasta, (12-16 oz.).