Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I learned this recipe from a nanny we had from Mexico.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 dash lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine oil, cilantro, tequila, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Let marinate for 4-8 hours (let the chicken get drunk!).
- Heat oven 400°F.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until largest piece is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top each breast with a small pat of butter and let melt.
- Top breasts with shredded Colby jack cheese.
This was an easy recipe to put together. I did do 2 things different: first I grilled the chicken and I didn't add the butter. The chicken was very moist but it just didn't have the flavor we were hoping for. Next time I'll try it with 1 1/4 cup margarita mix, 1/2 cup of tequila, 1/2 cup of triple sec /oj and leave the rest of the seasoning the same. I will update when we have made it again. Made for Spring PAC 2008