Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Made in the slow cooker. Great flavor.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Dave thought this was okay, but I thought it had way too much basil. Overpowered the other flavors. I cooked mine 5 hours and it was really dry. May try this as a marinade with a lot less basil and grill the chicken on the grill.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup margarita mix, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olive oil, honey, margarita mix, tequila, basil, cayenne, and cumin until well blended.
- Poke holes in the chicken breasts using a fork; place chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- Top with the olive oil mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and keep warm.
- In another small bowl, mix together the water and flour until well blended.
- Stir into the liquid in the slow cooker; turn heat up to HIGH and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until the liquid thickens.
- Add in more flour and water if a thicker sauce is desired.
- Serve chicken breasts covered with sauce.