1/3 Photos of Tequila and Lime Game Hens (Or Chicken)
25 hrs 40 mins
Split game hens marinated in tequila and roasted. COULD BE GRILLED IN SUMMER. Serve with rice. This is for 4 servings, 1/2 hen each, or 2 servings if you want a whole hen per person. Prep time includes overnight marinating. NOTE: A cut up fryer chicken could be used instead of game hens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split game hens in half.
- 2In bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, olive oil, Cointreau, garlic and jalapeno.
- 3Place split hens in oblong baking dish and pour tequila mixture over; turn hens to coat.
- 4Cover and marinate, turning once or twice, overnight in refrigerator.
- 5Remove from refrigerator and let set at room temperature about 1 hour before cooking.
- 6Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 7Coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8Remove hens from marinade and arrange, skin-side up, in baking pan.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees on upper rack of oven, basting occasionally with marinade, until skin is golden and juices from thighs, pierced at their thickest part, run pinkish-yellow, 30-40 minutes. (Or bbq using your favorite method, spit or on the grill).
- 11Boil remaining marinade and pour over hens just before serving. (Add more tequila if needed, to make enough sauce).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tequila and Lime Game Hens (Or Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: