Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a mixture of several recipes I found online that can be used to create the Teppanyaki dinner served at Kobe Steakhouse (where they cook in front of you). There are several steps involved, but it's completely worth it since it saves you a TON of money in comparison to going out to eat and it's soooo good!! Choose your own protein, we chose shrimp and chicken, but it can also be made with steak or made vegetarian with tofu. Feel free to add any veggies you like, it is sometimes served with mushrooms or a potato and also fried rice in place of white rice. Enjoy!
Yum Yum Sauce
- 3 cups butter
- 3 tablespoons badia brand complete seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 16 ounces linguine (or whatever pasta you have)
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thick circles
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned (with tails removed)
- 1 lb chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- In large bowl add together all ingredients for the White Sauce, whisk until smooth, refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- Prepare white rice as directed package.
- In medium saucepan make Yum Yum sauce by melting butter and seasoning together, keep on low until needed.
- Preheat skillet or wok to medium heat, add 1 cup Yum Yum sauce and all of your cut up vegetables and cook until onions are soft but carrots and zucchini still have a little crunch, remove from skillet and put aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 cup of Yum Yum sauce and Soy sauce and the fully cooked noodles, cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken and shrimp with Old Bay (omit this step with steak or tofu), add remaining Yum Yum sauce to skillet and then add your protein, cook through until done.
- To plate, put noodles down first with shrimp and chicken on top, with white rice and vegetables on the side, and drizzle with a hearty helping of the White sauce.