Recipe by becy
This very easy side-dish recipe is inspired by the vegetables they give you at Teppanyaki restaurants. Teppanyaki is a style of Japanese BBQ where the cooking is done on a very hot grill at the table. Quite delicious! This recipe is extremely good when done on a hotplate on an outdoor bbq. For best results indoors, use a griddle or heavy iron skillet over a very hot heat. Perfect when served with rice and teriyaki meats. This recipe serves 2 large helpings, or 4 side helpings.
- 1 quarter white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 4 spring onions
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots.
- Remove outer layer of spring onion and ends.
- Deseed and destem capsicum.
- Remove ends of zucchini.
- Julienne all the vegetables.
- Wipe some vegetable oil over the griddle/bbq hotplate.
- Heat the griddle or the bbq hotplate to high.
- Stirfry vegetables for one minute.
- Add sauces.
- Stirfry for another two minutes.
- Taste and add more sauces as required.