Recipe by Nyx
This recipe is from my late grandmother, who passed it down to my mother. And since my mother eyes the ingredients, I never quite got the exact amounts that would make it as perfect as my mother's. Used to make this all the time in college in large batches, reheating it in a toaster oven and serving it with a salad or white rice for a quick dinner during the week. Should've written down the amounts I had put in, but never got around to it - please post the amounts that work for you. I used to add MSG (labeled Accent), but stopped using it - didn't see a difference in taste. Time includes marinading time
- 15 chicken wings, cut halfway separating them into mini wings & drumettes
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 4 -5 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 stalk green onion, diced (optional)
- 1 dash of accent aka msg (optional)
- 1 dash sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 cup vegetable oil or 1 -2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If possible, marinate chicken in salt, sugar, green onion, pepper overnight.
- In a bowl mix tapioca starch, rice flour, water, green onion and sugar.
- Add chicken to the mix so that it coats the chicken.
- In a pan, add oil to deep fry the chicken over medium heat.
- Fry chicken until a light golden brown - flip over.
- Place finished chicken on plate with paper towel to soak the oil.