Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in the food section of the Milwaukee Journal. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds fantastic and something that can be made quickly if last minute guests arrive. Best of all it's really different!
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups taco blend cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (homemade or bottled)
- chopped cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Mix all but salad dressing and cilantro in a glass bowl.
- Pour dressing over mixed ingredients and blend well.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips immediately.
- Lasts for 1 week in the refirgerator.
This was very easy to make, and went over really well. I love coming home from a party with an empty dish! Next time I will probably add a bit more salad dressing as it seemed kind of thick for the chips. Or I'll just use the thicker scoop chips.