Recipe by jeffjacks
A really nice toffee that can melt in your mouth or you may also chew it. A great recipe for those might have dentures or partials.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 2 2⁄3 cups fine sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons coffee
- 3 teaspoons vanilla butternut flavoring
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups roasted pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle half the pecans on a cookie sheet.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, melt butter, sugar, corn syrup and left over coffee. Stirring constantly, bringing mixture to 290 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add flavor.
- Pour over chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over toffee mixture & wait for chips to melt.
- Spread melted chips over toffee.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over chocolate and press lightly to set pecans.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and rest for 10 minutes and break or cut into serving size.
- Recipe makes about 3 # of Tennessee Toffee.