Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Copy Kat Chat.
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted and hot
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the brown sugar and white sugar to the melted butter and set aside (some of the brown sugar will melt).
- In mixer with paddle gently mix egg and bourbon vanilla.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low until mixed well.
- Add flour all at once to mixer. Mix well; you will see it look just like it did on the program, sticky and ribbon-like. I used a measuring cup to pour it into the paper cups without the mess of a melon baller.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes, turning at 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Keep in closed container after cooled.
- Note: (makes a Wilton mini tin full).
- FOR KEY LIME:.
- no vanilla, instead use 2 tsp key lime.
- FOR LEMON:.
- no vanilla, instead use 2 tsp lemon juice.
- FOR FUDGE:.
- Poke hole in hot t-cakes with large frosting tip. Fill with your favorite Hot Fudge Sundae topping.
Don't bother...these turned out flat and chewy...not cakey like the picture of the cakes you used to be able to order online.