Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from a good friend in Richmond Hills, GA
- 2 lbs odom's tennessee pride country sausage (mild or hot or All Natural)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container French onion dip
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) hash brown potatoes, shredded, thawed
- In a skillet, cook the sausage until browned. Drain well. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, chicken soup, sour cream, French onion dip, chopped onion, bell peppers, salt and pepper. Fold in thawed hash brown potatoes. Mix well. Spread ½ of the hash brown mixture over bottom of a 9 X 13-inch greased baking dish. Spread ½ of the browned sausage over hash browns. Repeat layering second ½ of hash brown mixture. Top with remaining sausage. Bake at 350°F for about one hour or until casserole is golden brown.
This is extremely spectacular!
The nutritional stats are truly frightening, but my husband loves (LOVES!) this casserole! It is tasty comfort-food for a fun brunch meal, but he will eat the leftovers at any time (if there happen to be any!!).