Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Tennessee Pork With Greens(Cook's Country) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 2 pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs swiss chard, curly-leaf spinach or 2 lbs beet leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate. Pour off fat, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- 2. Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook pork in 2 tablespoons bacon fat over medium-high heat until well browned all over and meat registers 145 degrees, about 10 minutes. Transfer to platter and tent with foil.
- 3. Add remaining fat and garlic to now-empty skillet and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in half of greens and cook, covered, until greens are beginning to wilt, about 1 minute. Add remaining greens and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in bacon and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to plate.
- 4. Add bourbon, brown sugar, and accumulated pork juices to now-empty skillet and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter, mustard, and remaining vinegar. Pour sauce over pork. Serve with greens.