Recipe by mollypaul
Gather persimmons after the first frost for best flavor. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup persimmon pulp
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8" pan with waxed paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add egg.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Beat well, add persimmon pulp.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool slightly, turn out of pan and peel waxed paper off of cake.
- Sift confectioners sugar lightly over the top.