Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is the way we southerners like our lettuce!
- 7 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- sugar (optional)
- Combine letttuce and green onions in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Pour over lettuce; toss gently. If you like for a variation, add a little sugar to the dressing for a sweet/sour taste!
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Yes, we Southerners do like wilted lettuce. This is a great salad to serve. I used red leaf and green leaf lettuce. The red leaf added a pretty color. Be sure and serve this dish immediately. Thanks for sharing, Sharon!
Simple and tasty. I did add a little sugar (not quite 1 tsp) and I loved the tangy flavor. I sprinkled just a tad of red pepper flakes over the salad. This is a perfect side dish for a complex main dish. Thanx for sharing!
This was our traditional family salad, from my Dad's side of the family in Kentucky. Goes well with any meal, tangy, I use splenda.