Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from my cookbook called-Great Tennessee recipes copyright 1982. It is a popular cake here.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped bananas
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Beat eggs,add oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and beat about 2 minutes.
- Add bananas,pineapple,nuts and fold in with a fork--don't beat.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Delicious cake! I made this in a 9x13 pan instead of making a double layer cake and just baked it a little longer. We didn't even frost this because it was so moist you could eat it as is. However, a Cream Cheese frosting would be really good with this. Will definitely make this again. Thanks Teresa!
I love this cake. It is an unbelievable scratch cake. I used 3 c. self-rising flour and omitted the baking soda. Also, not crazy about nuts so I substituted some coconut and it was scrumptious. I made Wilton's Buttercream frosting as I was out of cream cheese. This cake is superb.
I love the flavor of this cake but do not try to make it as a layer cake because it is too heavy and dense. The layers want to collapse. Other than that, the cake is so moist and tasty!