Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My favorite 'help me get to sleep' drink.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- Combine milk and half-and-half in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Add sugar and cocoa, whisking until blended.
- Remove from heat; whisk in vanilla and bourbon.
- Pour into mugs; top with marshmallows, if desired.
Nurse Di, you have done it again. My husband and I love your recipes. This hot chocolate drink is to "Di" for (he-he)! Creamy, sweet, and laced with bourbon. We enjoyed as we watched the snow falling outside and were glad to be inside and warm. Thank you.
I made this the other night after my husband and I had been out shopping in the cold and rainy weather. We made a fire in the fireplace and snuggled up with this drink. Very yummy and so soothing. Smooth and delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.
I love hot chocolate and this was delicious. I cut down a wee bit on the bourbon and it was perfect for me. I used organic whipped cream instead of the marshmallows. Very creamy, very smooth, warmed my bones on this cold January night. Made for Comfort Cafe 2010.