Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My favorite 'help me get to sleep' drink.
Top Review by gretchengr
Nurse Di, you have done it again. My husband and I love your recipes. This hot chocolate drink is to "Di" for (he-he)! Creamy, sweet, and laced with bourbon. We enjoyed as we watched the snow falling outside and were glad to be inside and warm. Thank you.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and half-and-half in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Add sugar and cocoa, whisking until blended.
- Remove from heat; whisk in vanilla and bourbon.
- Pour into mugs; top with marshmallows, if desired.