Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, This uses self rising Cornmeal and has a wonderful breaded taste because of this
- If catfish are frozen, thaw them in a bowl of milk.
- When thawed pat dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cornmeal into a paper bag and drop the catfish one piece at a time into the bag. Shake the bag to completely coat the catfish.
- Fry in a deep frying pan until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve hot.
This is fabulous and using the bag -- almost no clean up! I used catfish fillets and canola oil for a delicious supper which we served with Lemon and Red onion roasted potatoes recipe#99115 and Caesar Coleslaw recipe#88584. This reminds me of the fish my mother used to make -- using flounder instead of the catfish--I think this will work for almost any fish with delicous results. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!