Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This recipe was in a local pamphlet.
Top Review by Southpaw Chef
This is absolutely delicious! I've made this several times now, and I've used white and yellow corn meal...it's great with either one! I have also had several request for the recipe. Thanks for posting this great comfort food!
- 6 ounces white cornbread mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle, chopped (reserve juice)
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble half the cornbread into bottom of large serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine tomatoes, green peppers, onion, pickles, and bacon.
- Spoon half of mixture over cornbread.
- Stir together mayonnaise and pickle juice.
- Spread half the dressing over vegetables.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish as desired.
- Cover tightly and chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.