Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This recipe is good for those of you who don't like mayonnaise in coleslaw. You could certainly use the packaged pre-shredded cole slaw mix.
Top Review by 3shihmum
This was great. I tried using splenda instead of sugar but it seized up on me and separated, so I tried again with sugar. I found if I whisked it while it was cooling it didn't separate. I will use this as my standard coleslaw recipe now. Thanks for posting
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 3 lbs cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat. Stir well.
- Layer green peppers, cabbage, and onions in a glass bowl. Pour dressing over all. Cover. Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.