Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another from-scratch cake recipe from White Lily flour.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups white lily all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Generously coat a 10 inch tube or 10 cup bundt pan with no-stick flour spray.
- Beat butter about 30 seconds or until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange juice and almond extract.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream. Beat on low speed after each addition, just until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in orange peel.
- Spoon about 1/2 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon remaining batter over pecans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Orange and Honey Glaze: In 1 cup glass measure, microwave butter on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, honey and orange peel. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Drizzle over cake.