Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
GREAT for a casual get-together or picnic! Made this this summer during the tour de France.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained (white corn if you can get it)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 -4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine the peas, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, green onions, cilantro, picante sauce, vinegar and garlic in a bowl; mix gently.
- Chill about 8 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is a fabulous dip that is perfect for our football weekends. I have taken it to our tailgate party or if we stay at home and watch the games on TV. I made one batch as written and then I made another batch with 1 jalapeno pepper chopped up for those who like more fire. Thank you melismak.
I have had something similar to this at a friend's party so I was very happy to find it posted here. It was delicious, just as I expected. Great mix of colors and flavors. I served with tortilla chips. Thanks melismak