Recipe by Bec
A tropical rendition of the classic Spanish omelet. In Spain, this is called "tortilla de platano,"- the Spanish word 'tortilla' refers to an egg dish rather than a flat bread like the Mexican tortilla. Recipe can easily be doubled and cooked in a large skillet.
Top Review by Mitchell D.
It is not terrible. Although it does taste weird, It gave me something different for breakfast. I would only recommend it to a friend as a joke however. But none the less, not bad.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, salt and sugar.
- Thinly slice banana; carefully mix with eggs.
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet.
- Pour in egg mixture; reduce heat.
- Cook until bottom of tortilla has browned.
- Invert a dinner plate over skillet and turn tortilla onto the plate.
- Slide tortilla off plate back into skillet (cooked, brown side will be up).
- Continue cooking until bottom is brown.
- Slide out of skillet onto serving plate.
- DO NOT FOLD. :).