Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tropical rendition of the classic Spanish omelet. In Spain, this is called "tortilla de platano,"- the Spanish word 'tortilla' refers to an egg dish rather than a flat bread like the Mexican tortilla. Recipe can easily be doubled and cooked in a large skillet.
- Beat eggs, salt and sugar.
- Thinly slice banana; carefully mix with eggs.
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet.
- Pour in egg mixture; reduce heat.
- Cook until bottom of tortilla has browned.
- Invert a dinner plate over skillet and turn tortilla onto the plate.
- Slide tortilla off plate back into skillet (cooked, brown side will be up).
- Continue cooking until bottom is brown.
- Slide out of skillet onto serving plate.
- DO NOT FOLD. :).
It is not terrible. Although it does taste weird, It gave me something different for breakfast. I would only recommend it to a friend as a joke however. But none the less, not bad.
Different but not that bad. In a weird way it is good after getting used to it. DD (4 years) and I ate this with rice crackers.
This was a little weird, but a good kind of weird. I used Lemon Olive oil which complimented the bananas very nicely. I also spread seedless raspberry jam on top of the finished product.