Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
Adapted from BHG. Simple and deliciious.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick and trimmed of fat
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced bottled garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add in the oil; stir to combine.
- Add the steaks to the skillet; cook over medium to medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Transfer steaks to a platter; keep drippings in skillet.
- Keep steaks warm.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, rosemary, garlic, and salt/pepper into reserved drippings.
- Saute/stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; lower heat.
- Carefully add in sherr, wine, or beef broth; cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spoon over steaks.
- Garnish with sprig of fresh rosemary.