Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a very good recipe that I developed.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (about 1" thick)
- 2 whole garlic heads (separated but not peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- extra virgin olive oil (if using skillet)
- Place unpeeled garlic cloves on baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until garlic is soft,& then allow to cool.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp from the skins.
- Chop the pulp slightly.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the garlic pulp, 1/4 cup steak sauce, granulated garlic, wine& onion.
- Heat to a boil,& then reduce the heat, add the mushrooms& sugar,& simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill steaks on grill or in a skillet oiled with extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with remaining steak sauce.
- Serve the tenderloins topped with the garlic sauce.
12/09 Taste just didn't do it.. it was too sweet using a steak sauce and then the dry wine. Sorry.