Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy yet so elegant. Perfect for company.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped leek (white and pale green parts, only)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups sliced mixed fresh wild mushrooms, Oyster, stemmed portobello & stemmed shiitake
- 2⁄3 cup dry marsala
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock or 2⁄3 cup canned broth
- 4 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- olive oil
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add leek and garlic and saute until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add Marsala and stock and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until butter is melted and well incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While sauce is cooking, prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Brush steaks with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Place steaks on plates.
- Spoon sauce and mushrooms over and serve.
Thank you Tin, what a great recipe! I cant wait to invite company over so they can marvel at my expertise, lol! The only changes were I only had white mushrooms and I used a london broil. I sliced and served the sauce over it, it was amazing and attractive. This will be added to our list of faves for the family. Really, you MUST try this recipe, I would serve with any cut.
Absolutely delicious! I used a skillet for the steaks (cooking them until they were 3/4 done) then put them in the oven while I prepared the sauce in the same skillet. The only thing I changed was to not add the 2 Tspoons of butter to the sauce as it tasted rich enough without it. Definitely making this one again and thanks for the recipe.