Tenderloin Steaks With Gorgonzola
- Place a large, flat griddle or skillet over high heat; when it is hot, using a pair or tongs and a folded paper towel, wipe cooking surface with oil and place steaks on hot pan.
- Caramelize both sides of the tenderloin steaks, 2 minutes on each side.
- Decrease heat to medium and cook 4-5 minutes longer; season meat with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place steaks on a baking sheet and top each with 3 ounces cheese.
- Place sheet 6 inches from broiler and heat just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and top with sage; let meat rest, up to 5 minutes, allowing juices to redistribute, then serve.