Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty economical meal with no waste
Make and share this Tenderloin of Pork With Apricot Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g pork tenderloin
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
apricot prepared stuffing
- 125 g white breadcrumbs
- 125 g dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 50 g butter (MELTED)
- orange zest
- salt and black pepper
- 100 ml water
- 200 g apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- First of all make the stuffing mix. chop the onion garlic and apricots finely (i use a food processor for this).
- Add the breadcrumbs, melted butter, herbs,orange zest, egg and seasoning and mix well.
- Next open out the tenderloin. Make a cut down the center to within a cm of the of the thickness. Open it out and make more cuts working out towards the edges of the tenderloin. This will allow you to flatten the meat out fully.
- Then spread the stuffing mixture onto the pork. When it is covered, roll the joint firmly from one side and tie with string.
- To start cooking:.
- Heat the butter in an oven proof dish on top of the stove.
- Add the garlic and cook till well brown and then remove.
- Put the pork into the dish and brown all over.
- Put a lid on the dish and transfer to a pre-heated oven (170°C) and cook the pork for 88 minutes per kg.
- Remove the lid for the last 20 minutes to brown the joint.
- While the pork is cooking make the sauce.
- Put the water into a saucepan, add the jam and heat gently until the jam has melted.
- Add the curry powder and stir well.
- Serve with the pork and seasonal vegetables.
I would like to try this recipe but need some confusion cleared up first. The directions for the stuffing refer to an egg but there is no mention of an egg in the ingredients list. Is there an omission in the ingredients or is there a mistake in the directions?
I just want to say that I really love your photos. I like that you showed the steps and the finished product. The carrots are really neat looking too. This recipe sounds fantastic and I were not watching my weight right now (too much butter for me) I would have jumped on this recipe!