Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From a collection of Danish recipes found online - posted for ZWT 3, Scandinavia.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (grated)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Rub fillets with salt and pepper. Melt butter, and when hot, add the fillets. Sprinkle with lemon rind.
- Mix vegetables and parsley together and spread them in a layer over the beef.
- Roast ½ hour in a preheated 350º oven. Reduce oven to 225º and continue roasting 2 hours or more.
- Remove meat to a hot serving platter.
- Blend flour with liquid in roaster.
- Cook slowly on top of the stove until well blended. Add the sour cream, stirring until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Season if you wish to serve over the meat.